The Purpose and Basic Principles of Packaging Modeling Design
The object of packaging modeling design is to be able to package a variety of products, mainly refers to a variety of packaging containers and their appendages, such as paper boxes, plastic boxes, cartons, plastic cans, paper cans, plastic bottles, paper bags, plastic bags, etc. Packaging structure designers should correctly select materials, reasonably design the container structure, to meet the various performance requirements of the production form, transportation, circulation and sales.
The packaging design generally requires safety, science, firmness and environmental protection. As packaging structures involve a variety of industries, materials and performance requirements, it is difficult for packaging designers or engineers to master the overall content, so they generally give play to their design expertise in their familiar fields, such as transportation packaging containers, paper packaging containers, plastic packaging containers, metal packaging containers, etc. For example, in the process of transportation, goods will inevitably be affected by various factors such as machinery, environment and climate, resulting in damage. Shock and vibration are most often encountered in transportation. The causes include: throwing, rolling, collapse and falling of stacking during cargo loading and unloading, starting and braking of vehicles, vibration of engines, bumps caused by uneven roads, swaying and vibrating of ships in wind and waves, etc. Therefore, the sensitive and fragile products, such as large and medium-sized mechanical and electrical products, instruments and meters, high-grade paper crafts, also need to do special cushioning packaging design. The design of buffer packaging structure is to design suitable packaging structure for the product, so that the product can withstand the impact of the outside, so as to achieve the purpose of protecting the function and quality of the product.
The basic principles of packaging design can be summarized as four points: functionality, economy, aesthetics and creativity.
1. Functional requirements of packaging modeling design
(1) The performance, structure, durability, etc. of the packaging container.
(2) The convenience of the use of packaging containers and the safety of operation, etc.
(3) To meet the human preference for shape and color or the requirements for decoration.
(4) The requirements of the container shape due to the regional nature of society or customs.
(5) The requirements of environmental protection.
2. Economic requirements of packaging modeling design
(1) In the packaging modeling design should pay attention to the relationship between the packaging container and the cost, so as to match the packaging container with the sales price.
(2) The rationality of the packaging container should be used to reduce the damage and waste in production and circulation.
3. Aesthetic requirements of packaging modeling design
In the design of the packaging structure, the aesthetic factor is based on the realization of the function of the packaging structure, the beauty of the material texture and processing technology is fully reflected in the packaging container shape.
4. Creative requirements of packaging modeling design
The purpose of the creative principle in packaging design is to make the packaging container structure with a unique style, convenient function and innovative container shape.